Prairie Bricks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014

4 posters

Go down

MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014 Empty MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014

Post by CupIsHalfEmpty Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Hello

Following up from our successful donation of Lego to Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba last year, I'm please to announced I've partnered with Fairy Bricks for this years donation! Fairy Bricks (http://fairybricks.org/) is a non-profit out of the UK that donates Lego to children's hospitals all over the world. They fund raise throughout the year, but their main source of funding is the "Big Raffle" hosted on Brickset.com in the first half of the year. They distribute these funds out to AFOL's around the world who use their knowledge of Lego sales to purchase as many Lego sets as possible for donation to local Children's hospitals.

This year I was able to secure a one time grant of $700 from Fairy Bricks to put towards the purchase of Lego for donation to the Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba. Over the past 10 months I've been chasing deals and purchasing Lego for donation. I've managed to stretch Fairy Bricks grant into donation with a MSRP of over $1450. I dropped off the donation this morning in two big boxes to HSC.

It doesn't end here. I would like to continue this annual donation of Lego to the Children's Hospital on behalf of MBLUG. So instead of collecting Lego sets to donate from Members at the December meeting this year, it would be great if you could ear mark that money and keep an eye out throughout the year for fantastic deals on sets that would make great donations for Christmas 2015. This way we can use our collective knowledge of deals to stretch every dollar donated into two dollars worth of donated Lego each and every year. If you keep your receipts, I can provide income tax receipts as well.

Thank you!
Billy

MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014 15415611308_8f5af385f5Lego Donation 2014 - Huge Stack! by Cupishalfempty, on Flickr

MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014 15598615101_86fd6cbae2Lego Donation 2014 - Drop off by Cupishalfempty, on Flickr
CupIsHalfEmpty
CupIsHalfEmpty

Back to top Go down

MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014 Empty Re: MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014

Post by adamsonofwilliam Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:28 pm

NICE!!! Just saw these pics on flickr! Well done!
adamsonofwilliam
adamsonofwilliam
Admin

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sasklegousers/

Back to top Go down

MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014 Empty Re: MBLUG: Lego Donation for Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba 2014

Post by ManitobaMoe Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Your awesome Billy!!

ManitobaMoe
Admin

https://prairiebricks.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickcetra Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Wow! Like the picture of you and the pile of LEGO sets. You are awesome!
Brickcetra
Brickcetra

Back to top Go down

Post by CupIsHalfEmpty Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:00 am

Hello

I haven't forgotten about the donation for 2015, and I hope you haven't either! I'm working with Fairy Bricks to secure another grant for this year, but nothing is final at this point.

However, if you were thinking about making a donation yourself, walmart has several $25 sets on clearance for $16 online. These make a perfect sized set for donation. I've bought what I can with the current funds available to me but would love if any members could also pick up a couple extras to add to the donation. Tax receipts are available if you keep your retail receipt.

Here's the link to the Walmart clearance http://www.walmart.ca/en/toys/lego/N-32+110+1019588/page-1?sortBy=price&orderBy=ASC

You can also get an additional 4% back if you link to the walmart site through Ebates first. If you don't have an ebates account, sign up for an account using my referral below and any bonus I get will also go towards childrens hospital! http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=HDPelHN1PZI%3D%0D%0A

You can ship direct to me, or I can pick the sets up at the next meeting. Just give me a heads up either way so I don't bring my motorcycle to the next meeting.

Thanks!
Billy
CupIsHalfEmpty
CupIsHalfEmpty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickcetra Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Thankyou for making us aware of the sale. I have made my purchase today and it should be arriving by August 27.
Brickcetra
Brickcetra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down