Prairie Bricks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bricklink Question

3 posters

Go down

Bricklink Question Empty Bricklink Question

Post by drinksonme Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 pm

I recently ordered some things from a store in Europe (I haven't ordered from Europe before but there were few stores that had the bricks I wanted in the quantity I wanted them). I was a bit surprised with the shipping costs when the invoice was sent to me (over 25% of the cost). This may be normal from Europe, but I wondered if I were to cancel the order at the point of invoice due to the shipping costs being so high, would/could I get a poor review from the seller? I have paid but I certainly don't want to encounter fees that high in the future.

drinksonme

Back to top Go down

Bricklink Question Empty Re: Bricklink Question

Post by ManitobaMoe Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:33 pm

When buying from over seas, you have to be really careful with the weight. If you order 2.2 kgs worth of lego, you might end up paying the same shipping if you would have ordered 5kgs. I would explain it to them and see what they say. I usually run my orders through brickstore first to see what they will weigh and then compare them to their shipping chart.

ManitobaMoe
Admin

https://prairiebricks.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drinksonme Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am

Brickstore?

drinksonme

Back to top Go down

Post by ManitobaMoe Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:29 am

http://brickstore.software.informer.com/

It is a handy program that Billy Martens introduced me to when we started our Olympus build

ManitobaMoe
Admin

https://prairiebricks.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CupIsHalfEmpty Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 am

To answer your question, yes you can get negative feedback for cancelling a transaction at the invoice stage. once you submit the order you are contractually obligated to make the purchase. Bricklink has introduced a "Shipping Quote" option where you can fill your cart, then get a quote without obligation to buy. This is fairly new and the seller has to activate that feature, so not everybody has it. And if you use it, there's a possibility somebody else might buy the pieces before you do.

If they don't have the quote option, most sellers do have the shipping quotes on their splash page, usually applies to bulk bricks in kilograms. Bricklink also has an option to show estimated weight of the items in your cart. Should be in the settings page if you don't see it automatically. With the estimated weight in your cart, you should be able to get a pretty good feel for the price of shipping on their splash page (don't forget to add some extra weight for packing supplies)

If however if they charge you an unreasonable amount for shipping above what's on their splash page, you can argue it and bricklink should back you if you cancel.
CupIsHalfEmpty
CupIsHalfEmpty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down